Delicious Pregnancy Snack Ideas You Need To Know
There are several reasons why you should stick to healthy snacking even during pregnancy.
Even if you are a weight conscious person, giving up on snacking altogether is wrong. Your body requires additional calories at this point to support the growth of your baby. However, you can consume these extra calories without really depending on an extra serving of French fries or chocolate cookies.
Of course, there’s a little margin for you to enjoy whatever you crave for, but moderation is the key. The idea is to eat multiple times and enjoy satisfying snacks without gaining all those unwanted pounds.
Snacks not only keep you full but also ensure that your baby gets the much-needed nutrition. As your belly grows, you are likely to feel full more quickly as the baby starts taking more space. It is almost impossible to eat and enjoy big meals as your delivery date comes closer, but there’s nothing to worry about. Eating the right snacks will ensure that you don’t go too long with an energy let-down.
While it’s okay to grab a chocolate cookie once in a while, you need to get your hands on healthy pregnancy snacks to maintain health and weight both. Here you will learn about some delicious frequent meals that you can enjoy throughout your pregnancy.
Top Pregnancy Snacks Ideas during Pregnancy
Keeping in mind the dietary needs during pregnancy, the best snacks are those that are both satisfying, nutritious, and delicious. You don’t want your taste buds to suffer just because you are picking a ‘healthy’ snack.
The munching options featured here are rich in essential nutrients, especially protein because that’s what your body requires the most at this time. Providing the right nutrition is necessary at this point because it will help your little one to grow.
Hope you enjoy this list:
- Prepare a homemade trail mix with all your favorite seeds, nuts, dried fruits, and a few dark chocolate chunks.
- Slice your favorite apple and serve with peanut butter.
- Kale chips – always at your rescue
- A fresh veggies salad bowl – add red pepper strips, cucumber slices, baby carrots, broccoli, celery, snap peas, and cauliflower and serve with Greek yogurt or hummus dip.
- A bowl full of fresh and delicious berries topped with cottage cheese
- Prepare a peanut butter and banana wrap with whole wheat toast and sliced bananas.
- Baked tortilla chips dipped in guacamole or fresh salsa.
- Cheddar cheese cubes with grapes.
- Whole wheat pretzels with honey-mustard dip
- Graham crackers topped with fruit preserves and cream cheese mixture
Bonus Snack Recipes
No that’s not all. If you want to up your snack game a little, here are some quick and exciting recipes to add more variety to your delicious pregnancy snack ideas.
The perfect way to enjoy both guacamole and chips.
- Small whole wheat tortillas (sliced in half)
- 1 ripe avocado mashed
- Lime juice, 1 Tsp
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Take each half of the tortilla and roll into a cone. Secure with toothpick.
- Place on a greased pan and sprinkle chili powder.
- Set to bake for 7-8 minutes over 350 degrees F.
- Combine avocado, lime juice, and season with salt and pepper.
- When the cones are ready, fill them up with guacamole and enjoy.
Crispy Cheese Crackers
These are cheese crackers, but they still are healthy. And you definitely need to try them!
- Extra-sharp cheddar cheese, 1 ½ cups
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- Unsalted butter (softened), 4 tbsp
- Salt, 1/2 tsp
- Milk, 1 tbsp
- Set the oven to preheat setting to 350 degrees F.
- Add all the ingredients except milk in a food processor. Pulse multiple times until the dough is ready.
- Flatten the dough on a floured surface until thin.
- Cut into shapes of your choice and then place on a prepared baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Set to bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until it starts to brown.
- When done, remove and let cool. Eat and store the rest in an airtight container for later.
Packed with vitamin C and other nutrients, a chilled smoothie is so filling and delicious for your pregnancy cravings, you are inevitably going to love it.
- Freshly squeezed orange juice, 1 ½ cups
- Fresh strawberries, 1 cup
- Fresh lime juice, 1 tbsp
- 1 ripe bananas
- Toss all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Serve fresh for delicious flavors.
The aroma of fresh cheesy popcorns in the air is so irresistible, you just can’t ignore. This is the healthy version for you.
- Butter (melted), 1 tbsp
- Air-popped popcorns, 4 cups
- Dried oregano, 1/4 Tsp
- Parmesan cheese (grated), 2 tbsp
- Garlic salt, 1/8 Tsp
- Place popcorns in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle melted butter on top along with remaining ingredients. Toss to coat.
- Serve immediately and enjoy the cheesy flavor.
Healthy Grilled Panini
This healthy Panini is an excellent source of protein. For all your sandwich cravings, this is the perfect answer!
- Italian bread, 4 slices
- Olive oil, 1 tbsp
- Garlic, 1 clove
- Balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp
- Turkey breast deli style, 2 slices
- Mozzarella cheese, 2 slices
- Spinach, 1 1/2 cups
- 1/4 medium red onion
- Slice onions and freshly mince the garlic cloves.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, oil, and garlic in a small bowl. Brush this mixture on each bread slice.
- Place the bread on a Panini pan.
- Stack turkey, onion, spinach, and cheese on top.
- Cook until bread is thoroughly grilled and the cheese is melted.
These are some of the best snack ideas we have compiled for you. Hope you and your little one enjoy them throughout.
Leaver your comment